- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 6 medium-sized baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Extra-Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (about 2 ounces) Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese from Wisconsin
- 1 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Rub a shallow 3-quart baking dish with the cut sides of the garlic halves. Discard the garlic and coat the dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium heat until hot and add the onions. Sauté for 5 minutes or until tender. Then, set aside.
- Arrange one-third of the potato slices in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with half of the salt and half of pepper. Top with half of the sautéed onions, half of the cheddar cheese and half of the Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese. Repeat the layers, ending with the remaining potato slices. Set aside.
- Bring the stock and milk to a boil over low heat in a small saucepan. Then, pour the liquid over the potato mixture. Bake for 50 minutes or until tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board