- 4 boneless ribeye steaks
- Salt and black pepper
For the sauce:
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 4 ounces Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese
- To make the sauce: Place the cream and milk in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat. Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the warm cream and milk and continue whisking until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Reduce heat to low and stir in the cheese. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Preheat a grill to high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Grill for 4–6 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Remove steaks and let rest for 5–10 minutes. Drizzle the sauce on top of steaks. Place remaining sauce on the table for guests to enjoy. Serve immediately.