- 1 cup (4 ounces) Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely diced dates
- 4 chicken breasts (with bone in and skin on)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat the grill to 400F–450F for indirect grilling.*
- Place 3/4 cup of the Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese in a small bowl. Add the dates and mix, mashing while you stir, until it comes together.
- Pull back the skin on each chicken breast and cut a deep pocket into the meat. Then, divide the Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese mixture among the four breasts and push it into the pockets, flattening and closing the pockets so the meat comes together at the cut edges. Pull the skin back over to cover the cuts. Then, rub the top and bottom of each breast with olive oil. Sprinkle the bottom of each breast with 1/4 teaspoon of the lemon pepper.
- Place the breasts face down on the grill and cook for 8 minutes. Turn each breast over and sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon of the lemon pepper. Then, grill another 6–8 minutes, or until the meat comes to 160oF.
- Remove the fully cooked breasts to a serving platter and divide the remaining 1/4 cup of the Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese, sprinkling over each breast.
- Garnish with basil and serve immediately.
*Grills vary, so watch the chicken closely and adjust the heat as necessary to avoid burning it.