Skip to Content
- 1 loaf
Cranberry Blue Cheese Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 ounces (1 1/4 cups) Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries (or frozen that you have thawed)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add the Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese, cranberries and walnuts and toss to coat.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, honey, orange juice and zest.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Then, pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle remainder of Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese on top of batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Then, cool in the pan for 10–15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cool completely.