For the dip:
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 carton (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) Treasure Cave® Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese from Wisconsin
- Dash pepper, to taste
For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2–4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
For the shrimp:
- 1½ pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- In a blender, combine the dip ingredients and mix them until they’re slightly chunky. Then, pour the dip into a serving dish and chill.
- In a blender, combine the marinade ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour the marinade over the shrimp, cover and refrigerate for 1–2 hours.
- Drain the shrimp and save the marinade.
- Then, broil the shrimp, or grill them over hot coals, for 3–5 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through, turning once and basting with marinade. Remove the shrimp from the pan or grill and serve immediately with dip.
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board